[Sca-cooks] kitchen tips

euriol euriol at ptd.net
Wed Aug 20 09:56:26 PDT 2008

I have rarely used minute rice myself... but I don't taste anything in it
that I would claim vile, just bland. Then again I have a very hard time
tasting saffron. It did come in handy for camp cooking for 20+ people when
I had no oven and only a coleman stove. I wanted to avoid scorching the
rice on the stove even at the lowest flame I could get. I certainly don't
like the tasted of burnt rice.

At home I use Jasmine rice because I prefer its taste. Then again I can let
is set on the stove over the lowest flame without an issue either when
cooking for 1-4 people. I never tried or heard about cooking it in the oven
before. I thought it to be a reasonable option.

Is there something odd about the Minute Rice that I just don't taste?

Euriol