[Sca-cooks] kitchen tips

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Wed Aug 20 14:53:40 PDT 2008

Kerri Martinsen wrote:

> - if you plan on making fresh pasta, either have an extra prep day on site
>to do nothing but or make it ahead and freeze it or dry it.  Trust me on
>this one.

I utterly agree with this one.  And if you're ambitious enough to try
filled pasta. you'll want quite a bit of time and several helpers :-)

>-  Plan on food for lunch for your crew.  something you aren't making.  I
>like spiral ham.  Easy to pick at and no cooking required and nothing like a
>protein shot to keep going.

I totally agree-- the crew need a proper meal that is not similar to
what they are cooking, plus sufficient fluids and possibly some
chocolate and snacks.  If anyone suggests that this shouldn't come out
of the feast budget, tell them they're not getting any dessert.

>- if you are planning a menu around something people said you *can't* do,
>then make that the only thing wierd in your feast.  Showstopper even.

Funny, nobody does this with me...

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,