[Sca-cooks] kitchen tips

Kerri Martinsen kerri.martinsen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 08:54:43 PDT 2008

Think about it this way:
What about the marshalls that spend all day supporting other people that
fight?
How about the waterbearers that do nothing but make sure people don't
dehydrate?
Or a retainer that spend the entire event following a Crown around?

Should they pay site fee?

Now, I fully agree that unless you are *SITTING* feast, you do not pay for
feast.  Any leftovers are the property of the kitchen :)  And a certain
amount of tasting must be done before food can go out.

I also think that if I am frugal enough with my budget to allow for
something for my crew to eat it is only fair.  Now if I go over becuase of
my "lunch", I pay for lunch.  Afterall, I'm the crazy that volunteered to
head the kitchen.  All the rest are just there cuz they like me -

Vitha