[Sca-cooks] kitchen tips

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 02:08:59 PDT 2008

I doubt it.  The pot that was used to make the frumenty in was old.  One that I borrowed from my church's kitchen.  If it wasn't already pre-seasoned, than it would never be.  It was at least 24" in diameter and at least 30" tall.  Milk scorches so easily and it stuck a lot of rice to the bottom.  After the banquet, I soaked the pot in hot water and a whole lot of Mr. Clean and let it soak for two days.  That Labor Day, I went and picked up all of the borrowed pots and pans and took them to my church and spent at least half the day washing, scraping and scrubbing all the pots.
That pot took at least two hours of elbow grease before it got clean.  I took a vow that day never to make frumenty unless it was in a disposable pan.  I don't have any minions who could do all that work for me.

Huette