[Sca-cooks] Emergency food (was: kitchen tips)

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 05:59:13 PDT 2008

I have never walked out on a feast, but I have to admit that there was
one particularly bad feast where I had to send out. I did not send out
for pizza or the like, but I had my Lord go outside to where the
"Below the Salt" offering was being served. He purchased a plate of
grilled chicken and surreptitiously brought it in so that we could
have something to eat.

It was a matter of the courses not containing enough food to feed the
number of people at each table. What food that did come out was not
particularly palatable and the time between courses was excessive.
When we were well into the third course and I was feeling like I was
going to become ill due to hunger was when I made my decision. I did
not feel good about it - but I also did not pass out.

--
Serena da Riva