[Sca-cooks] fish at feasts

Lawrence Bayne shonsu_78 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 07:01:17 PDT 2008

> I've served pickled whiting, baked whiting and fried
> whiting and been
> pleasantly surprised when they disappeared.  I've also
> served salmon, smoked
> and poached, without problem,

I have been told time and again that I just "can't" serve fish or lamb at a SCA feast. That it will not be recieved well here in CAID. I KNOW that it SHOULD be eaten, that it was extremely period, and that lamb/mutton and various fish made up the major protein elements of the period diet in many cultures, BUT, I am loathe to argue with the powers that be. Especially at todays prices. Now if I can only get them to eat goat!!
YIS
Lothar