[Sca-cooks] cacao nibs

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 25 17:45:43 PDT 2008

Ah, cacao nibs! Crunchy, munchy, delicious processed cacao... plain
cacao nibs are not sweetened, and cacao is bitter, so if you like
sweet, you'll want to add sweetener. But i love the rich flavor mixed
into other things.

I've bought a really good granola from a cosmically groovy San
Francisco company called "18 Rabbits" (http://18rabbits.com). It cost
too much, and i probably won't buy it again, but i've saved the
package for the list of ingredients. What "sold" me on it, among
other things, besides the high content of organically grown
ingredients and all the tasty nuts and seeds, was that it contained
cacao nibs.

>Ingredients:
>Oats*, coconut*, maple syrup*, sunflower or safflower oil*, ground
>flaxseed*, California walnuts, Marshall's Farm honey, hazelnuts,
>pumpkin seeds*, sesame seeds*, and Scharffen Berger(R) cacao nibs.
>That's all!
>*Certified Organic Ingredient
(direct from the package)

Anyway, my point is that cacao nibs can be added to all sorts of
things. I bet they'd be good in cookies and brownies... yeah, yeah,
not "period", but things to do with the stuff...
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita

My LibraryThing