[Sca-cooks] lamb at feast (was: fish at feast)

Antonia Calvo ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Tue Aug 26 21:15:27 PDT 2008

drakey at internode.on.net wrote:

>  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;
>}$8/lb a pound!!!!!
> Oh my god... We get nice legs of lamb here for about $2.5/lb... And
>you can get a whole side of mutton for about $20...

Yup... it's a bit dearer here, but I wouldn't pay more than the
equivalent of US$3.40/lb for whole legs of lamb, and about the same as
you suggest for a side of mutton, at least on a very good day.  Deboned
mutton leg with no superfluous fat is US$4/lb, I think.

On the other hand, if I wanted a turkey, I might be taking out a second
mortgage...

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,