[Sca-cooks] Another cast iron question

Pat Griffin ldyannedubosc at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 11:04:17 PDT 2008

Yes, it looks like a very large tea kettle.  I'm like Bear, I can remember
when they were used on a cast iron wood stove to supply hot water,
especially for dish washing.

Lady Anne du Bosc Known as Mordonna The Cook

Mka Pat Griffin

Thorngill, Meridies

mka Montgomery, AL

"To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old
falsehoods." From The Notebooks of Lazarus Long by R. A. Heinlein

My immediate thought was the cast iron object that looks like a tea 
kettle that sits on the top a wood-burning stove to humidify the 
room. I've mostly seem 'em on pot-bellies and some cook stoves.

Of course i can't say for certain that that is what you have...
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita

More information about the Sca-cooks mailing list