[Sca-cooks] My Dad

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 21:24:09 PDT 2008

The night before Grahame, my godfather, died he wrote me on internet. I
screamed back at him on the website - GodDad, don´t die I am not ready
yet! The next day in front of my godbrother and aunt he removed his
oxygen mask and said 'my luck is gone.'
I read you loud and clear.
Godfather asked for his ashes put in a public park. We put part in
Sydney where he was Chair of the International Relations Department at
the U of Sydney and we put part of his ashes at Retiro Park in Madrid
where he spent 6 months annually after he retired and always when
possible while working at the U of Sydney and prior to that..
We read poems and other material at sunset in English and translated
into Spanish and visa versa, read by natives in the sand of Retiro. Then
we went to a local bar, a favorite of GodDad's to drink his favorite
wine and have his favorite Spanish tortilla.
We cried but rejoiced cause we were so lucky to have had the privilege
to be his friends.
Grahame was my bestest godfather. We were the luckiest people in the
world to have had the privilege to be his friends.
Sueyi