[Sca-cooks] kitchen tips

Kerri Martinsen kerrimart at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 20 11:08:49 PDT 2008

 - It's easier (IMO) to peel an orange or lemon *before* you juice it.  Say
you are making candy orange peel

 - if you plan on making fresh pasta, either have an extra prep day on site
to do nothing but or make it ahead and freeze it or dry it.  Trust me on
this one.

-  Plan on food for lunch for your crew.  something you aren't making.  I
like spiral ham.  Easy to pick at and no cooking required and nothing like a
protein shot to keep going.

- if you are planning a menu around something people said you *can't* do,
then make that the only thing wierd in your feast.  Showstopper even.

Vitha