[Sca-cooks] fish at feasts

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 26 16:44:59 PDT 2008

>  "Terry Decker" <t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>   I provide all the
>>information I can up front, so that everyone knows what I'm planning and
>>can thoroughly evaluate my plan.   If there are any disagreements, I want
>>them settled long before we get to the site.
>
> that is one of the keys to success and having people wanting you to do a
> feast.  organization is so important. i hate it when people think that all
> you have to do for a feast is buy groceries and cook!
>
> cailte

Providing all of this information sells the feast to the planners and the
finance committee.  However, it is still difficult to convey my complete
vision of the feast to the people working directly with me.  This has lead
to misunderstandings about achieving textures, portions and other things.
Curiously, I didn't even realize I was visualizing the entire feast until a
friend who was working with me spotted what I was doing.

Fortunately, I usually work with a core group of good people.
Unfortunately, they can still misread the instructions, so we still need to
double check.

Bear