[Sca-cooks] Fwd: Pennsic Credit Card Problems?

Devra devra at aol.com
Thu Aug 28 09:03:23 PDT 2008

Anyone heard of similar problems?
Devra

-----Original Message-----
From: Elise Fleming <alysk at ix.netcom.com>
To: Devra Langsam <devra at aol.com>
Sent: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:18 pm
Subject: Pennsic Credit Card Problems?

Hi, Devra.  I'm writing because you are pretty much the only Pennsic
merchant that I know to be able to contact - and one where I used my
credit
card at Pennsic.  Have any of the merchants heard anything about credit
card numbers being stolen off unsecured lines at Pennsic?  I discovered
today that my credit card number was used five times while I was at
Pennsic
(at BP stations and ToysRUs, all listed as being in Florida), and the
person(s) supposedly had the card present at the time of transaction,
according to the credit card company.  This was impossible because my
card
was always with me and I still have it.  I asked on the Midrealm's
e-list
if anyone else has had problems with their number being "stolen" while
at
Pennsic.  One person mentioned "wardrivers" who apparently can suck out
the
numbers from unsecured lines, and I'm assuming that what the merchants
use
at Pennsic are unsecured lines.  The credit card company will be
sending me
a copy of all the transactions so I can tell them which ones I dispute,
and
they have cancelled my old card and are issuing a new one.  Is there a
merchant e-list where people can be asked if they've heard of any
problems
like this?  Have you heard anything?

Alys

Elise Fleming