[Sca-cooks] weird question - honey fast???

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 15:17:19 PDT 2008

Although 60 years behind the times
http://www.basingstoke-beekeepers.org.uk/vegansoc.html explains the
difference between vegetarian and vegans to me and indicates I had no
cue what you were talking about. I have been talking about Lent and
other fast days, *carnem levare, "to remove the meat"*and any animal
products from eggs to milk which of course had nothing to do with honey
or sugar.
Personally I would prefer to talk about amusingly odd medieval
prohibitions like pancakes, perhaps that was in the Netherlands? Don't
know if that had anything to do with lust but I think this could be an
amusing subject if kept to the medieval time period.
Suey