[Sca-cooks] OT Mean old Mommy: was OOP More schools ban Peanut Butter

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 14 06:54:42 PDT 2008

My own all learned at very young ages what was and was not permitted.  Aversion Therapy is an interesting name for it ... but I try not to argue with a system that works.  I've had more than enough visits from Department of Family Services.  I do NOT advocate child abuse.  I do advocate reasonable discipline.  Wyoming changed their views on what the definition of 'reasonable discipline' was about 10 years ago, and the state of Utah followed suit about five years ago.  The state of Colorado still feels that smacking the back of a two year old hand that has just reached for the steak knife, followed by a stern NO! NO! is child abuse.  You DON'T want to know how I know THAT (long story, very sad).

I can say that, for all that my child-rearing techniques may be controversial in the state of Colorado, I have a 24 year old, a 23 year old, an 18 year old and a 13 year old.  Three of the four are reliable responsible adults, including 2 military service members (18 year old Tera is due home from Basic Training TOMORROW (can you tell mom is jazzed?)).  The 13 year old has ... issues ... but so far has managed to avoid the juvenile delinquency court, so I would say being mean old mommy or mean old daddy ... works.

My pair of pennies only

Cheers

MalkinJo (Georgia L.) Foster Never knock on Death's door.Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that. I don't want to set the world on fire, I'm just trying to light a candle.