[Sca-cooks]  Roux

edoard at medievalcookery.com edoard at medievalcookery.com
Mon Aug 18 07:58:21 PDT 2008

On Thu Aug 14 19:31:59 PDT 2008, ranvaig said:

>>This is an excerpt from *Das Kuchbuch der Sabina Welserin*
>>(Germany, 16th century - V. Armstrong, trans.)
>>The original source can be found at David Friedman's website <http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/Cookbooks/Sabrina_Welserin.html>
>
> The *translation* is at David Friedman's website, the *original* is here:
> http://www.uni-giessen.de/gloning/tx/sawe.htm
>
> Ranvaig

Well, yes ... I suppose I should rephrase that as something like "The
source of this excerpt can be found at David Friedman's website ..."

Then again, the text available on Dr. Gloning's website isn't the
original source either - it's his transcription of Hugo Stopp's printed
edition, the *original* source of which can be found in print from
Universitätsverlag C. Winter Heidelberg (ISBN: 3-8253-2905-4).

- Doc (who just got back from Pennsic and GenCon, and is still trying to
remember what the current century is)