[Sca-cooks] kitchen tips

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 20 18:11:46 PDT 2008

Antonia Calvo wrote:
> Johnna Holloway wrote:
>
>> I have been present at feasts where diners ordered in pizza and also
>> sent
>> squires out for KFC. And this was before cellphones would have made
>> it easier.

We had a king leave for an hour to go out and get Mexican food.  He's
not going to be king again!  Okay, that's not why he won't be king again
but it should be.    After that I started phrasing some dishes in
familiar terms, like "Medieval Fajitas."

> That's about the point where I would totally lose my cool.  I'd throw
> a wobbly.  And I'd throw them out of my feast hall.

I am totally going to start using that expression, "to throw a wobbly."
So very evocative and not marred by words of four letters!

With gratitude,
Selene