[Sca-cooks] Who gets in free to feasts.

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Fri Aug 22 06:21:44 PDT 2008

It's nice, isn't it, that our SCA structure is flexible enough to allow us
to shift practices to suit local/regional needs?
I don't know that we exactly trade scullery work here (although I know what
you mean), but there are people some of us sort of...informally help out, by
anonymously paying site/feast fee.  Grunt work is just done by
volunteers--we have a 20-year old tradition, thank goodness, of the cooks
not being expected to clean up, for instance.  (Although we sometimes
do....)
Our current baron and baroness opt to pay fees, but it was their choice.  I
do, definitely, think it's classy.  But then, I'm a huge fan of classy
behavior, wherever I see it.  I'd much rather focus on the gems in my life
than the jerks!
--Maire