[Sca-cooks] Who gets in free to feasts.

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 07:01:36 PDT 2008

In the past year, we were told that we had to make who gets comp'd part of
our financial policy, so, as the Crown had indicated that they would not
attend any events where their guests at High Table weren't comp'd (if they
hadn't already paid), we had to figure out a way to do that and not drive
event costs up so high that we would lose money (this actually meant that
anywhere from 8 - 12 feasts would not be paid for.)  I forget exactly how we
did it, but it is now covered.  I guess that the good news is that our
Barony is not on the main north-south routes, so we rarely see the
Royalty...in fact, we've gone years without a single Royal attending one of
our events.  They do have to come for Baronial Investitures, but other than
that (and the occasional Kingdom-level event), we're pretty much omitted
from Royal Progresses.

Kiri