[Sca-cooks] Who gets in free to feasts.

Terri Morgan online2much at cox.net
Fri Aug 22 15:19:28 PDT 2008

> In the past year, we were told that we had
> to make who gets comp'd part of our financial
> policy, so, as the Crown had indicated that
> they would not attend any events where their
> guests at High Table weren't comp'd (if they
> hadn't already paid), we had to figure out a
> way to do that and not drive event costs up
> so high that we would lose money (this actually
> meant that anywhere from 8 - 12 feasts would
> not be paid for.)  . . . Kiri

We used the "six months to find a shovel" method of dealing with that.
Although our policy is pretty nice as it is: Comped for feast & site are the
Royals + one retainer, the current B&B, and the Autocrat & Cook.

We don't argue if any of them want to pay, but they have the option not to.
Often, one or more will 'pay', not for their spot, but as a donation for
someone else.

Hrothny