[Sca-cooks] fish at feasts

Maggie MacD. maggie5 at cox.net
Mon Aug 25 07:06:23 PDT 2008

At 07:01 AM 8/25/2008,Lawrence Bayne said something like:
>I have been told time and again that I just "can't" serve fish or lamb at
>a SCA feast. That it will not be recieved well here in CAID. I KNOW that
>it SHOULD be eaten, that it was extremely period, and that lamb/mutton and
>various fish made up the major protein elements of the period diet in many
>cultures, BUT, I am loathe to argue with the powers that be. Especially at
>todays prices. Now if I can only get them to eat goat!!
>YIS
>Lothar

Errr...

Yes, to fish, lamb and goat.

I've served them all, at 12th night, In Caid.

It all went over well.
(and they asked for MORE FISH).

So, just prepare it well, serve it attractively, it'll be FINE.  There will
always be the odd one or two people who "won't eat anything with a face",
but .. you get that in ANY crowd.

Cheers,
Maggie