[Sca-cooks] Cranberry substitute

Carol Smith eskesmith at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 8 17:43:11 PST 2008

Do you have Rhubarb?  It has the tannins and the sharp flavor, and it might go very well with turkey too!  Is it in season in Chile?

Regards,
Brekke> Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 13:43:37 -0800> From: selene at earthlink.net> To: sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Cranberry substitute> > The problem is, the usual substitute is Swedish style Lingonberries but > I don't suppose you have those there either. Failing that, any red > berry jam would probably fill in adequately. Chunky apple sauce would > be nice with roast turkey as well.> > Bon appetit,> Selene> > > > Suey wrote:> > Husband Peter decided to promote a relative and organized a dinner > > party having her prepare the food.> > She fell threw so now I am the cook of a Thanksgiving turkey cause I > > know how to do it but the hitch is cranberry sauce or jelly/jam. It > > seems like Chile is a leading producer but no on sale here. The > > nearest is blueberry jam. Peter says I should puree apples.> > What do you think?> > Suey> > _______________________________________________> Sca-cooks mailing list> Sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/sca-cooks-ansteorra.org