[Sca-cooks] Ideas for homemade holiday gifts

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 11:36:03 PST 2008

Our holiday spending budget is getting slashed pretty harshly because my
husband is likely to be laid off at the end of next week. I still want to
make gifts for my friends, though, and I figure food-type gifts are the
easiest and cheapest. I will probably make some of my spiced honey butter,
but I've been trying to come up with other ideas. My google-fu has been
fairly weak on this, especially for simpler recipes (not many of my friends
who will be gifted are foodies). Ideas? Especially for recipes that are
period or period-ish?? I should also advise that I do not have a pressure
canner, and while I am interested in cannable items, the boiling water
method will have to do for now...

Many thanks,
Ilsebet