[Sca-cooks] Brightening up the Holiday Season with a little Surrealism...

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Dec 17 07:32:46 PST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 12:51 AM, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius
<adamantius1 at verizon.net> wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2008, at 12:39 AM, Saint Phlip wrote:
>
>> I was wondering where that suspicious half a ham came from ;-)
>
> Phew! Those malefactors will stop at nothing! Good thing it wasn't a can of
> Spam in the five-pound presentation size...

Margali would love it ;-)

although I'd think a pig cured
> with salt, sugar, and pepper, then smoked, portioned, packaged, etc., would
> be beyond the capacity for suspicion. It's pretty straightforward, it seems
> to me. Indignation, maybe, I could see... suspicion, not so much. Did it say
> what it suspected?

I don't know- I didn't ask. I just saw it peeping out of the box at
me, not saying a word...

> You'll have to eat it, of course, or you'd only be letting the evildoers
> win! They can smell your fear.
>
> Adamantius

I'm sure I can find something to do with it. Fried ham, red-eye gravy
(do we have any grits?) and maybe some cornbread and greens ought to
be a decent Christmas Eve meal, keeping me well fed as I cook the
goose for Christmas Day. I'd prefer a duck, but R&M will want some
leftovers when they get home from upstate New York, so I guess I'll be
cooking a goose. Just hope they leave the leftover turkey upstate,
like they did for Thanksgiving ;-)

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up