[Sca-cooks] OT: kitty stories was...other stuff

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Fri Dec 19 20:51:14 PST 2008

>There was a blue jay who decided to take up dive-bombing Max, the
>Russian Blue cat which I mentioned yesterday.  Over time the bird
>got  more and more daring and Max got more and more upset about the
>situation.  Then suddenly we didn't hear or see the blue jay any
>more, but we did find a pile of blue feathers in the area where the
>blue jay had been diving on Max.
>
>Stefan

Many decades ago my family lived in San Diego, along the migration
route of shrikes, which liked to dive bomb the local cats for fun.
Most of the local kitties hid during that time. Not so Little Bits,
the 15-pound sealpoint Siamese. He would sprawl in the yard, looking
oblivious, until some stupid shrike would take their chance. Little
Bits would wait until the very last moment and then explode into the
air, removing said menace, and adding to the variety of his diet. We
had shrike remains littering our yard making it look like some
strange archeological dig (G).

Morgana yr Oerfa, who lives directly facing a main thoroughfare, so
all her felines are indoor cats
--
Wit is educated insolence. -Aristotle, philosopher (384-322 BCE)