[Sca-cooks] Ideas for homemade holiday gifts - for cat owners

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 20:28:07 PST 2008

We had, for many years, a grey tabby Maine Coon cat named Merlin (he got
into some blue paint when he was a kitten and wound up with it all over his
face...looked like woad, so we had to name him Merlin).  One evening he came
into the house and his ruff looked larger than usual.  Turned out he had a
VERY scared squirrel, still alive, in his mouth. The tail was wrapped around
the cat's neck and was about the same color as the cat... We gently
persuaded Merlin to let go of his "prize" and took the very relieved
squirrel back outside and released him.  Gave the cat a very special treat!

Kiri