[Sca-cooks] OOP ethnic silly question...and holiday greetings!

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Dec 21 22:19:49 PST 2008

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com wrote:
>> Or does COLD just mean you have to stop wearing shorts? :-)
>>

> Its 1° F here tonight, and dropping, weatherbug says up to -20° F windchill.  Normally I work from home, and of course tomorrow is my one day a month to go in.  I'm gonna whimp out and try to get out of it if I can.  Hope everyone is warm and safe.
>
> Ranvaig

Well, it is 20F here at the house, we have about 6" of snow on the
ground, 1/2" of solid ice over that, and another 3-4" of snow on top of
that. We tried to dig out Zippy the Wonder Volvo earlier today- no dice.
We're supposed to get more snow overnight, and then again tomorrow.
Maybe beginning to thaw on Weds. ME NOT HAPPY! I was planning to drive
to Ashland Tues, but if I can't get out of my parking spot... what's
worse, last weekend I slipped on the ice and hurt myself, and I thought
it was just a sprain. Well, I think as soon as I can get Zippy out I'm
going to head to the doctor- leg still hurts after a week and I have
baaad thoughts about it.

Is it bad of me to want a traditional Christmas in Oregon of 55F and
raining?

'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore