[Sca-cooks] Christmas Dinner

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 23 12:58:19 PST 2008

Our Christmas started out with just the two of us having a
nice dinner. Then we decided to invite our head of entourage
over because she was spending it alone. Then we invited over
the local Landed Baroness because she was spending it alone
as well. Then my squire and his wife decided they weren't going
to be driving up to Wisconsin so they are coming over as well.

We don't mind because we have been wanting to have a nice
dinner party and I want a group of people to celebrate Elizabeth's
birthday which is on Christmas Day. But the meal has gotten bigger
and a bit more elaborate.

Starting with homemade French Onion Soup.

Main course will be a whole beef tenderloin herbed and roasted on
a rack of root vegetables.
A rack of lamb rib chops.
Cornbread dressing with wine gravy.
Homemade creamed corn.

The guests are also insisting on bringing something over so there
will be a couple more vegetable dishes.

Elizabeth is wanting to make some homemade dinner yeast rolls.

Baroness Alys will be bringing a bread pudding and I am going to try
my hand at making a chocolate cake and frosting from scratch using
the Hershey's dark cocoa recipe.

There will be puff pastry appetizers and glogg before the meal and
we'll probably be drinking a Coppola Black Label 2006 Claret and Pascual
Toso 2007 Malbec with dinner.