[Sca-cooks] Christmas Surprises

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 13:44:29 PST 2008

We are currently sitting in a Residence Inn in Richmond...after running
around all morning like the proverbial headless chickens!  I had to wrap all
of the gifts we are giving...which was a little more involved than in the
past.  I had made green tomato-onion chutney, red and white wine jellies,
atraf al-tib, Platina's Reddish Mustard and Granado's Cider Sauce (thanks,
Brighid) for folks...I purchased red market boxes and green shredded "stuff"
to pack it in, along with plastic bags to put it all in, so I had to put all
of those together.  They look kind of pretty all put together!

We stopped by our local butcher's and picked up the crown rib roast that
we're going to be fixing for Phillip's family tomorrow.  I'm making an apple
stuffing for the roast, so hope that it will work out well.  It's a recipe
I've used before, and it was good then, so there shouldn't be a problem.
The rest of the family is providing the rest of the dishes.  This all came
about because last year, his sister complained that all of the rest of the
family were the better cooks, but she always got stuck with having to do
Christmas dinner!  So this year, we're doing it for her.

I hope that all of you have a wonderful Christmas (or whatever you celebrate
at this time of the year) and that your New Year fulfills all of the promise
that we hope for....

Kiri