[Sca-cooks] New Year's Eve/Day repast

Gaylin Walli gaylinwalli at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 14:38:14 PST 2008

We will be attending Big City Ball 2008, our local completely non-regular
New Year's Even celebration held by SCA folk for SCA folk and friends. This
year's theme is "The Golden Age of Hollywood" (last time we held it, it was
New York City, just after the repeal of prohibition).

I'm bringing duck meat paté (courtesy of Huette's recipe), the classic
stuffed dates wrapped in bacon (Huette reminded me of this one too), and my
own creation of a sun-dried tomato cheesecake. And...creamed cheese stuffed
salami and pickle rolls. *grin* There must, of course, be popcorn. I know
other of the hosts are bringing other things, but I'm smelling the duck meat
now, as it cools, and I can't wait to get started on the paté.

On New Year's Day proper it's officially pajama day at our hourse, and yes
you have to wear pajamas when you visit. Specifically you must wear them in
the form of cloth on your body. Then we spend the rest of the day playing
Dungeons and Dragons with a group of friends and eating whatever was
leftover from the New Year's Even party.

Happy Holidays,

Iasmin