[Sca-cooks] Cheese goo success!

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 22 16:44:10 PST 2008

Ilsebet commented on her try on Digby's Savory Tosted Cheese and said:

<<< I do think sometime, I'm going to try redacting the recipe a little
differently - the idea of a thick slice of bread covered with an
asparagus
and cheese sauce, then broiled, sounds MIGHTY yummy.... >>>

Congratulations on your version. You can actually make a wide variety
of legitimate redactions of this dish, although I personally draw the
line at those using cheddar cheese. Several years ago my barony had a
contest using just Digby's recipe, but not limited to Master
Cariadoc's redaction. Quite a number of different dishes resulted.

You can find some dishes similar to your idea in this Florilegium file:
cheese-goo-msg    (44K) 10/31/06    Digby's Savory Tosted cheese.
melted cheese.

There are also some similar period melted cheese recipes in this file
that I like to see folks try beyond just Digby's.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com