[Sca-cooks] OMG! SCAPPI IS HERE!!!

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Tue Dec 30 04:29:15 PST 2008

David Walddon wrote:
> New English translation of Scappi by Scully.
> University of Toronto Press.

Do you mean this title?

The Opera of Bartolomeo Scappi (1570): L'arte et prudenza
d'un maestro Cuoco (The Art and Craft of a Master Cook)
(Lorenzo Da Ponte Italian Library) (Hardcover)
by Terence Scully (Translator)

http://www.amazon.com/Opera-Bartolomeo-Scappi-prudenza-maestro/dp/0802096247

BTW, I couldn't get B&N to find that book.

> Eduardo

> Food is life. May the plenty that graces your table truly be a VAST
> REPAST.
>
> David Walddon
> david at vastrepast.com
> www.vastrepast.com
> web.mac.com/dwalddon
>

> On Dec 29, 2008, at 7:53 PM, S CLEMENGER wrote:
>
>> So...what is this edition of Scappi that you're all enthusing
>> about? I was mentioning it to a friend, and she's interested
>> (and I can't remember...too much on my mind!)
>>
>> --Maire, thinking it might be a good use of the huge, fat B&N
>> gift cert. her brother gave her for Xmas....

[snip]

>>> Daniel

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

Visit my online gallery at Renderosity [3D Artist's Community]
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=MGD

So much wisdom and knowledge, but so little time and bandwidth
--MGD