[Sca-cooks] Brined Turkey Warning - hypertension

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 13:52:46 PST 2008

David Friedman wrote:
> If you brine your turkey, and if you use the drippings for gravy,
> remember that the drippings will be saltier than usual.

Yes, Peter has yet to understand that I have hypertension since I was
30. That turkey in brine he bought for us was too much for me.  It has
come to the point whereby I cannot let him into the kitchen for as he
has low blood pressure he pours the salt on  whatever we are cooking and
thinks he is grand! It is no joke. If he leaves me alone I add herbs and
he does not miss the salt.
What herbs do you add?
Suey