[Sca-cooks] Basting spit roasted meat

Helen Schultz meisterin02 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 12:13:58 PST 2008

They serve some steaks in Germany with herb butter even now... one of the ones I remember best was called "Rahmsteak mit Krauterbutter" (there is an umlaut over the first 'u').  The herbs were savory rather than sweetish like cinammon... like maybe oregano or basil??, but it was good nonetheless. <grin>

I love hearing of your experiments, Gunther... one of these days, I might even try one or two <sheepish grin>. I keep imagining converting my home fireplace into an area to spit roast meats.

Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana) http://narrental.home.comcast.net
Middle Kingdom

The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark." -- Michaelangelo