[Sca-cooks] Basting spit roasted meat

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 4 12:33:57 PST 2008

>  The herbs were savory rather than sweetish like cinammon...
>like maybe oregano or basil??, but it was good nonetheless. <grin>

Many of the top steakhouses use an herbed butter with their
steaks. But I was very surprised at how well the use of cinnamon
and butter worked. There wasn't even a need to salt. I'm going
to try the experiment again the next time I cook steaks instead
of just a couple of bites while mincing the meat. It may just
be the result of me being hungry or something. Still, the results
were far better than expected.
> I love hearing of your experiments, Gunther... one of these days,<

Thank you, I kind of feel posting results from experiments to the
list serves a dual purpose, a) sometimes you run into a problem
that someone can help you with and b) ideas and techniques are
posted for other folk to try.

>I might even try one or two <sheepish grin>. I keep imagining
>converting my home fireplace into an area to spit roast meats.<

I keep being tempted......but an amusing part of this entry
is the fact that I'm trying to reproduce a meal cooked over
a campfire but using my apartment kitchen.
I just consider that I'm a cook with VERY good fire skills.

Gunthar