[Sca-cooks] Once again, Tentative New Year's Menus

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 4 20:09:54 PST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008, at 11:01 PM, S CLEMENGER wrote:

> So, even though my Chinese astrological sign *is* the Rat (which is
> humorous, because I can't *stand* them), and the Chinese new year
> starts this week, my personal year doesn't actually start until
> August, when my birthday takes place?
> --Maire

No, your personal year begins (I'm pretty sure) with the New Year.
Otherwise, you get cheated (theoretically) out of several months of
good luck at the end (between August and the beginning of the Year of
the Ox)! Which, since it's only the Year of the Rat that's your Fire
Year, would kinda stink for you.

Adamantius