[Sca-cooks] Reason for a bread maker

Barbara Dodge awench1 at cox.net
Sun Feb 10 14:46:59 PST 2008

As the proud owner of 2 Kitchenaide mixers and several of their smaller appliences, I can say that it will be one of the best investments for your kitchen you will ever make.

A very long time ago I purchased a breadmaker as I was afraid of trying to make bread from scratch.  The breadmaker was the latest kitchen gadget to hit the market at that time.  I used it a few times, but it soon began to gather dust as my confidence in dealing with yeast doughs grew.

When I was able to afford one, in came my first Kitchenaide standmixer (325 watt Artisan model).  I have periodic bouts with tendonitis and arthritis, the dough hook became my best friend.

In the middle of producing 200(?) loaves of bread for Atlantia's 20 Year Celebration, one of the gears slipped out of place and my darling husband purchased for me the 575 watt Professional model.  The bigger model can crank through a quadruple batch of chocolate chip cookie dough like it's nothing. :-)

I love them both.  BTW, I was able to have the smaller model fixed in no time!  Kithchenaide has service centers all over the US.

Felicia
---- Chari <cecelie at earthlink.net> wrote:

Basically I was looking at a bread machine for making dough. I really wasn't planning on using it to bake the bread. Thanks for all the help. Now Im off in search of a kitchenaide mixer :)

Cecelie