[Sca-cooks] Beverage experiments

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed Feb 13 22:03:24 PST 2008

At 09:45 PM 2/13/2008, you wrote:
>Lainie, you know more about 15th century France than most of us.
>I have a friend who was raised there and adores her tisanes.
>Were they being enjoyed as early as 1600?
>  Margarite

Well, not for enjoyment. Tisanes seem to be used medicinally, but not
drunk like we drink teas. Certainly not in the
dragging-my-cup-around-and-constantly-refilling-it like some people
of my acquaintance do (*koff*myself*koff*).

You get the occasional posset, caudle, etc, but other than that, warm
or hot drinks are a health measure, not social or relaxation as we do.

Of course, she can always drink her tisanes for her health. :-)

'Lainie
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than
our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore