[Sca-cooks] The Tiniest Little Gloat

silverr0se at aol.com silverr0se at aol.com
Tue Feb 19 08:17:56 PST 2008

This year they've been told to apply science to what they are doing so they are measuring everything - like how much wood leaves how much ash, the tempature of meat as it roasts on a spit (very interesting - there is about a forty degree difference between the flame side and the non-flame side so the meat is constantly expanding and contracting) and that the 15 foot wide roasting fireplace actually gets up to kiln temperatures.

Marc's cohort Richard is attempting to decipher a 1502 (or was it 1602, Selene?) manuscript recipe book, whose owner the Marquis of bath will not let them see the original. He's working from a 1950's microfiche that has the backside of the pages showing thru, so he is going somewhat nuts.

It was a great evening, well worth staying out past bedtime.

Renata