[Sca-cooks] Cooking and Serving Equipment, was Late Italian feast

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Feb 20 16:16:34 PST 2008

Why not ask for the local groups/principality to purchase some
cooking supplies?

As an illustration,tThere is a professor at my university who was asked by
a female student why the male grad students got all the teaching assignements -- the
answer?  They asked for them, while the women didn't. (The professor has
gone on to research this, and has
produced a fabulous book "Women Don't Ask" Susan Babcock).

That said, the local/principality will never acquire cooking equipment
until someone either asks for some or donates some then makes a fuss about
keeping it in good shape and having the group add to it.

The question then becomes does the current system of cooks owning all
their own stuff and borrowing from each other work well enough to not ask?

toodles, margaret