[Sca-cooks] Anise and Bread - Pliny Re: The benefits of Anise

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Feb 21 08:13:51 PST 2008

I should mention that Andrew Dalby also has a book out called
Food in the Ancient World from A to Z. Routledge, 2003
The entry on bread starts on page 58-62 and contains numerous references.
There's also an entry on anise.

http://www.routledge.com/books/Food-in-the-Ancient-World-from-A-to-Z-isbn9780415232593

It's expensive. Amazon discounts it to $100.
I bought it apparently from Scholar's Bookshelf in 2004 for $53.65

Johnna