[Sca-cooks] Feast costs/budgets

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 21 12:40:19 PST 2008

De wrote:
>The local school board  where I am, allows use of kitchens with a fee plus
>paying to have someone from the school there.
>Home Ec (Home Economics) is now referred to by Universities in MO as Human
>Environmental Sciences. What's that saying about the longer the name the
>less you learn or does that only apply to classes? :)

I assume that SCA access to public school kitchens varies from state
to state and perhaps even from school board to school board.

Here in NoCal, we might be able to use a school kitchen, if a member
of their staff is present and we pay their salary for the event.Our
Collegia are now almost always money losers because of low
attendance. This additional expense would make the Collegium even
more of a bank breaker. Needless to say, because we want to continue
to hold Collegia, even though they cost the Kingdom money, we make do
in other ways.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita