[Sca-cooks] Cooking and Serving Equipment

Kathleen A Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Fri Feb 22 19:19:35 PST 2008

having served as a cook in a number of our barony's larger
cooking events, altho not feast steward, when my time came
i demanded SAFE equipment.  we had wonky handles and
ill-fitting tops and about anything you could thing that
would make a pot tip!

we had a rather mishmosh of standard soup kettles and
frying pans and one or two mondo pots (for large amounts
of rice or soup) and a slapdash of utensils, altho our
serving stuff wasn't too bad.

the barony gave me a budget of something like 700 bucks
and i went to the local food service supply who gave us a
hefty discount as an educational group.   i got bookoo
stuff of good restaurant quality and large amounts.
 actually, it was quite a bit of fun, that shopping trip.
8)

of course, the next event with feast after mine i discoved
the disrespect that was given to the good restaurant
quality equipment.  oh, gee... i guess the heat got too
high...  and that from a professed pro cook!  sigh!!!!!

we engraved al-Barran on all of the pot handles so it
could be kept where it needed to be which was a good
thing.  altho some things have gravitated off.

cailte
"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy."
W. B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Coordinator of Freshman Admissions
University of New Mexico