[Sca-cooks] Choosing a Cook, was Cooking and Serving Equipment

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Feb 23 13:53:16 PST 2008

The groups which I am most familiar with have no particular rule about
requiring a feast cook to be a member of the local cook's guild, but that
doesn't mean that things unintentionally work out that way.  Personally, I
think that bidding for a feast should be open to every member of a group and
in some instances to people outside the group.

What size of feast a person should cook depends largely on their skill
level.  If they know how to cook for a small group and can scale up recipes,
I see no particular problem with them tackling a major feast on their first
try.  If they've only done family style cooking, I would prefer a little
seasoning before throwing them off the deep end.

Bear