[Sca-cooks] Choosing a Cook, was Cooking and Serving Equipment

aldyth at aol.com aldyth at aol.com
Sat Feb 23 19:04:42 PST 2008

Arwen wrote:

<Acually ... I feel obliged to set the record straight here ...  The cook
to whom she "outsourced" the feast (and in this case, "outsourced" means
from another SCA group, not from outside the SCA) has been actively
seeking opportunities to cook a feast, so it's quite possible that he
sought out the autocrat rather than vice versa.  (He's very
enthusiastic).  He has also done cooking for events in that shire
before, so it's not like he was a straight-out-of-the-blue choice.  He's
a good friend of mine, and I've been consulting with him about the feast
-- it sounds like it's going to be very tasty!

Sorry for that.  I wrote badly.  The gentleman who will be cooking has our every confidence that the meal will be terrific.  He has cooked for the barony to our south, Unser Hafen at their outdoor camping event over the 4th of July weekend.? He has also done other regular feasts.? I am glad he has a source of stuff.? Since you are being the mentor, let him know that my stuff is also available if he needs something after he gets up here.

Aldyth

sca-cooks mailing list

Sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org