[Sca-cooks] "blue" blackberry sauce?

Karin Burgess avrealtor at prodigy.net
Sun Feb 24 19:57:35 PST 2008

I was lookiing around and came across this:
  Take some of the wild blackberries that grow in hedgerows and some thoroughly pounded almonds, with a little ginger. And moisten these things with verjuice and strain through a sieve.

  So I had some frozen blackberries around and tried this.  No blue, only a dark purple/red. Has anyone tried this particular sauce?  Would using fresh yield different results? I did leave out the verjus, could that have altered the chemical balance?

  It is from here: http://www.coquinaria.nl/english/recipes/4histrecept.htm

  the author of the site also didn't get the blue.