[Sca-cooks] One Handed Cooking

silverr0se at aol.com silverr0se at aol.com
Wed Feb 27 08:57:27 PST 2008

Once again I am in need of the List's collective wisdom!

I will be having my wrist reconstructed at the begining of April which will call for me to be in a cast for at least 6 weeks. This will allow me only the very simplest of cooking, if that. So in the meantime I am cooking and freezing up a storm. I got one of those new Reynolds suck-the-air-out freezer bag systems (it works pretty well but I have not defrosted and eaten anything yet) and I'm happily bagging anything that sits still for it long enuf.

I have a question - I will be freezing a number of FCB (flattened chicken breast) dishes like chicken marsala and wondered if it would be better to freeze the sauce separate from the chicken. Any thoughts?

Also, if you have any advice for me on one-handed kitchen techniques I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Renata