[Sca-cooks] Juana la Loca

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:01:42 PST 2008

Regards Juana  as the victum of a "male plot" I seem to recall reading
about:
Fits of near homicidal rage at other women whom she viewed as rivals for her
husband's affection even after his death.
Refusal to allow the burial of her dead husband.
Attempts return her dear hubby to life through magic(?).
A madcap moonlight trek across Spain with the cadaver of her husband in tow.

This does not suggest to me that she was a model of sanity even viewed
against the remarkable excentricities exhibited by other European, most
notably the French, royalty.

Daniel