[Sca-cooks] Juana la Loca

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Wed Feb 27 17:05:49 PST 2008

Was written:

>I wouldn't characterize homicidal rage at the paramours of a roving husband
> as being insane, although any good modern defense attorney would likely
> try
> for temporary insanity.
>
> As for the items, they could be artifacts of a strange but perfectly sane
> system of religion and beliefs.  They are not necessarily any stranger
> than
> some of the core beliefs in the world's major religions.

Well going after a paramour with a pair of scissors and shearing her like a
ewe does have style. What  impressed me was that strange reported incident
during the moonlight trek.  After traveling all night they stopped at house
of religion to rest.  Juana flew into a rage when she discovered that it was
a nunnery and would not let any of the nuns near the coffin.  That seems to
me well out there and beyond even by what I understand to be the standards
of the day.

Daniel