[Sca-cooks] (no subject)

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Thu Feb 28 04:48:58 PST 2008

I found a reference to another German cookbook.  Is this the same Rumpolt who wrote "Ein Neu Kochbook".   I'd guess that it is.  The frontispiece has the same picture of cooks,  Is this cookbook available  in reproduction?  Does anyone know anything about it?

http://www.journalofantiques.com/hearthmar01.htm

> an early German cookbook, Ein Brundtli the Belchreibung/wei manrecht und rool... by M. Marren Rumpolt, (Franckfort am Main, 1587)

I'm writing a handout about my translation project, and looking for background information about the book.

Ranvaig